Re-creation

Memorial Day was yesterday. It was a good day. I got to spend time with family and friends and experience God's love, grace and presence through relationships with others and time spent in and with his creation.

By the grace of God I was able to run and complete my first 10K run. It was a run to benefit the Fellowship of Christian athletes and provide scholarships for kids to go to camps. The race was wonderful and I got to meet a lot of new friends and amazing people. I got to spend time on a beautiful morning running with God. Every time I hit a hill, or just got tired I thought of the song lyrics that say, "I lift my eyes to the maker of the mountains I can't climb." Amazingly I finished 2nd in my age group and even got a medal.

I then spent the rest of the day with family and friends. We played. We talked. We laughed. We shared around the table. We enjoyed the beautiful day that God had given us to be together. It was a good day. It was a God day!
Everyday is really.
Yesterday I noticed him at work in the common everyday things. I experienced him use family and friends, strangers and running, laughter, conversation, food, Frisbee football, washer games, hospitality and the great outdoors to recreate me in his image and make himself known to me.

I pray that my eyes can see again today.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts