Dreams

What do you think about dreams? The ones that you have when you are sleeping. Sometimes dreams can be just crazy. Yet, sometimes they can seems so very, very real. In the Bible we can read about several occasion where God spoke to his followers through dreams.

The other night I dreamed that I finally had a conversation with the person who owns the property where I think God is calling us to open "The Dock." The Dock is the name that I have put on the ministry that God has laid on my heart and the people of Dockery Chapel. The Dock would be another site for Dockery Chapel to do ministries like feeding the hungry and serving the poor in our community. It is a place for us to live the love of Jesus and connect the unconnected. It is palace for people to come together and connect to God and others. A place for kids and young people to connect to people who love and care for them through after school programs and other ministries. It is a meeting place for all God's people to connect to God and others as they journey along the waters of live. A place for all people to connect to the source of live. It is a place to find some stable ground, a secure connection, and protection form the waves of life.

In my dream there were children, young, people and adults running around and filling the place. Everyone happy and smiling. Everyone so excited about the possibility of what God could do in and through the property we where looking at. I could see kids learning and being loved through after school programs. I could see people hanging out and sharing coffee and their lives with each other. I could see people sharing in communion and serving each other around dinning tables. I could see people worshiping God that would never before see themselves in the church because they didn't feel welcome or comfortable. I could see those that had a lot and those that had nothing eating together at the same table. I saw the hungry being fed physically and spiritually. This was all happening as the owner of the property was showing us around the place. I was filled with awe and wonder.

There was also an amusement park around the two buildings with rides and games. I am not quite sure what that part meant. I remember thinking the trustees will not like this and will want to know if insurance will cover it.

Everything seemed so real. So possible. So right on. I wanted to stay there and take in all that God was doing. I didn't want to wake up. But I did. It was a dream about a dream. Maybe God is trying to tell me something. Maybe it is time to have a conversation with someone about making a dream that God has a reality. Minus the amusement park, that might have just been an overactive imagination. But, you never know...

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts