Change My Heart Oh God


Psalm 12

"Help, Lord, for no one is faithful anymore; those who are loyal have vanished from the human race.  Everyone lies to their neighbor; they flatter with their lips but harbor deception in their hearts.  May the Lord silence all flattering lips and every boastful tongue— those who say, “By our tongues we will prevail; our own lips will defend us—who is lord over us?”  “Because the poor are plundered and the needy groan,  I will now arise,” says the Lord.  “I will protect them from those who malign them.”  And the words of the Lord are flawless, like silver purified in a crucible, like gold refined seven times.  You, Lord, will keep the needy safe and will protect us forever from the wicked, who freely strut about when what is vile is honored by the human race."

Is it true that there are no faithful people anymore?  Do I, do we, say words with our lips yet they have no depth in our lives?  Do we say all the right things that make people think highly of us yet our hearts are deceptive?  Am I out for me-- to get what is mine, not caring for others?  Do I honor what is vile?  

I like to think that there are still some people in the world that will trust in God enough that they will not hide behind flattery words.  I like to think that there are those who will be real and not lie to themselves or to God.  I like to think that there are those who cry out to God to change their hearts.  I hope and I pray that I can be found faithful and loyal and that God will change my heart to be like his.  I like to be a little more optimistic and believe that the faithful have not vanished from the human race.   


Today I pray that God would seek my heart and reveal to me the areas of my life that I am not being real.  I pray he show me the areas that I am unfaithful and disloyal.  I pray that he align my speech, my character and my action.  I pray that he create in me a clean heart and renew a right Spirit in me.


Love today.


In Christ's love and mine,
Doug 

Comments

Popular Posts