Pit digging

Psalm 7:1-17 NIV

Lord  my God, I take refuge in you; save and deliver me from all who pursue me, or they will tear me apart like a lion and rip me to pieces with no one to rescue me. Lord  my God, if I have done this and there is guilt on my hands— if I have repaid my ally with evil or without cause have robbed my foe— then let my enemy pursue and overtake me; let him trample my life to the ground and make me sleep in the dust.  Arise, Lord , in your anger; rise up against the rage of my enemies.  Awake, my God; decree justice. Let the assembled peoples gather around you, while you sit enthroned over them on high. Let the Lord  judge the peoples.  Vindicate me, Lord , according to my righteousness, according to my integrity, O Most High. Bring to an end the violence of the wicked and make the righteous secure— you, the righteous God who probes minds and hearts. My shield is God Most High, who saves the upright in heart. God is a righteous judge, a God who displays his wrath every day. If he does not relent, he will sharpen his sword; he will bend and string his bow. He has prepared his deadly weapons; he makes ready his flaming arrows. Whoever is pregnant with evil conceives trouble and gives birth to disillusionment. Whoever digs a hole and scoops it out falls into the pit they have made. The trouble they cause recoils on them; their violence comes down on their own heads. I will give thanks to the Lord  because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord  Most High.

"Whoever is pregnant with evil conceives trouble and gives birth to disillusionment.  Whoever digs a whole and scoops it out falls into the put they have made."

What is inside of us will come out of us.  If I am filled with evil, evil is what comes out.  If evil is coming out of me it is what its in me. 

This seems obvious, yet, I think we try to convince ourselves that we are ok and everything is  alright on the inside even though what is coming put of us is not love.  If we have the love of God in us it will give birth to love.  Love will come out of us.   We should not continue to be unloving, selfish, hurtful, mean, snide, rude, gossipy, judgmental and ungreatful people because love does not give birth to that.  

We need to cry out to God when we see this stuff coming out of us.  We need to invite God to do a work in us.  To fill us with his love and righteousness.  We cannot fall into that pit of thinking that a relationship with God does not change us from the inside out.   We can't fall in the pit that says we love God but we are mean and evil to our brothers and sisters.  John tells us that we are lying and the love of God is not in us.  What is in is what comes out of us.

Is whats coming out matching up with what we profess us in us?  What we do and how we do it are very revealing of our real relationship with God.

Anything other than love is digging a whole that we will fall into to our own destruction.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts