I'm Telling

Psalm 9:1-2 NIV
I will give thanks to you, Lord , with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and rejoice in you;I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High.

I come from a family of eight children.  It was not uncommon as a child for me to hear one of my siblings say to me, "I'm telling."  This usually meant that I had done something that was not right and they were going to let my parents know what I had done.  It seems that we are really good at talking about the bad stuff that others have done.  We, way to easily, will tell stories of others wrong doings.  We are notorious tattle tells when it comes to dishing the dirt of others downfalls.  As I was reading Psalm 9 this morning I was struck with the way that I can easily fall into the trap of the "tattle tell" while at the same time find it difficult to tell of the good things that God has done.  Yet, what I should do will all my heart and with all that I am is be glad, rejoice, grateful and tell of the wonderful things that God has done.

Each and everyday God does wonderful things for.  Throughout my life God has done wonderful things.  I have plenty to sing his praises about.  Today, I am focusing on telling.  Today, I am going to work on biting my tongue and speaking of others and filling my words with praises to God.  No gossip.  No judgement.  Praises.  I will tell of his wonderful deeds.

I'm telling!

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts