Prayer is Essential

Psalm 4:1-8 NIV

Answer me when I call to you, my righteous God.  Give me relief from my distress; have mercy on me and hear my prayer. How long will you people turn my glory into shame?  How long will you love delusions and seek false gods? Know that the Lord  has set apart his faithful servant for himself; the Lord  hears when I call to him. Tremble and do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent. Offer the sacrifices of the righteous and trust in the Lord . Many, Lord , are asking, "Who will bring us prosperity?"  Let the light of your face shine on us. Fill my heart with joy when their grain and new wine abound. In peace will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.

I am struck as I read this psalm today by just how essential pray is l for David.  Prayer is his power source.   The same is true for us.  God hears our prayers and he answers.  He is the power of our lives and without him I am powerless against the things life throws at me.  I must pray continually.  Each morning I need to awake and call upon the Lord.  I need to constantly call upon him throughout my day to sustain and strengthen me and to lead and guide me.  Each night as I lay in bed I need to be still and allow God to search my heart.  

Prayer is essential.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts