The Lord hears our Weeping

Psalm 6:1-10 NIV
Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath. Have mercy on me, Lord, for I am faint;
heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony. My soul is in deep anguish.  How long, Lord, how long? Turn, Lord, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love. Among the dead no one proclaims your name.
Who praises you from the grave? I am worn out from my groaning.  All night long I flood my bed with weeping
and drench my couch with tears. My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes. Away from me, all you who do evil, for the Lord  has heard my weeping. The Lord  has heard my cry for mercy; the Lord  accepts my prayer. All my enemies will be overwhelmed with shame and anguish; they will turn back and suddenly be put to shame.

I will admit it.  There are times that I cry.  Sometimes the pain and the agony is just to much to handle.  We are not wired to be able to handle much of the pain and the sorrow that we face from time to time in our world.  It is not true that we are not given anything that we cant handle.  The truth is we cant handle anything.  With God we can handle what life throws at us but apart from God we can do nothing.  I am weak.  God is strong.  Did I mention that I am weak?  In God's unfailing love and mercy he hears our cries, he wipes our tears, and he strengthens us.  The psalmist reminds me that we are to cry out to God.  Our prayers on not surface level, flowery words, with no depth.  Our prayers come from the depth of our souls, they are emotional and cried out  with all that we have and all that we are.  God is concerned about us and what we are going through.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts