Catch Up

The past two days I have felt like I am trying to get up to speed.  My time away afforded me an opportunity to slow down.  Slowing down is important. It is also something that seems to get harder to do in our busy, wired,  world. It is important for many reasons.  It is hard to love in a hurry.  It is hard to connect in a hurry.  It is difficult to grow in relationship with God in a hurry.  Life tends to want to hurry us up.  Sometimes it wants to run us over.

Today I feel like I am trying to jump on a treadmill that is already going and catch up to the pace.  I need to do that to get back into the swing of things and to get things done but I must remember that it takes slowing down to grow, to love, and to connect.  I can't let the pace and the hurry of life and busy schedules derail me from the things that are most important and most needed.  As we get back into the routine we have to make sure that we are always catching up with God and with others.  Slowing down, a rhythm of rest and work, is what a Sabbath life is all about.  It is an ebb and flow.  I must keep the rhythm and I must keep the flow.

How is your rhythm?  How is God flowing in your life and work?

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts