God of the Impossible

It seems that over the past few months there has been a recuring theme going on for me.  It began back in November I think.  I preached a sermon series during the time leading up to Christmas that was about how the Christmas story is filled with all kinds of impossible things that God makes possible.  The virgin birth, the star that leads the magi to the manger, the birth of John the baptist to a couple who was "old" and pass child barring age, and the marriage of Joseph and Mary that was destined it seemed to end in divorce are a few of the things that God makes possible to show us that all things are possible with God.   As the new year has begun the theme has continued in my preaching and in my medatative and prayer life.  This past week we were challenged to believe that "we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength."   The challenge was to step into our fear of failure and trust God's strength in our weakness.

Here is what I am beginnning to think.  God is preparing me because he going to do the impossible.  I need to trust God because there is something about to happen that only God can do.  I don't want to miss this miracle.  I don't want to allow fear to keep me from stepping into this.  Because God is doing a miracle.

That is what God does.  He is the God of the impossible.  He does for us what is impossible for us to do.  Do we really trust that?  Do we really expect and anticipate when we are facing the impossible that God can do it?  Do we really expect and anticipate that when we are weak he is strong?

I am preparing and looking for the impossible thing that God is doing right now.   How about you?

Maybe you feel like you are at a place where all you are faced with is the impossible?  Trust the God of the impossible who is able to do far more than we could ever ask or imagine.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts