Thank God It's Friday!

When I was blogging regularly before I would often use Fridays as a day to express my thanks and gratitude to God.  As I get back into the swing of things and work through this writing block I will do it again.  

Today, it seems that I as I think about all the many things that I have to be grateful for there is one thing that I have had come to mind that I often don't think to be grateful for.  In preparing for the message I will share this Sunday at Dockery I have been reflecting upon the connection between our weaknesses and God's power.  I am grateful for God's power and that I can experience his power in my life.  I am grateful that the power which created all things and overcomes sin and death is available to me.  I am thankful that the power to open the eyes of the blind, make the lame walk and raise the dead is at work in my life if I will just surrender to it.  I am grateful for the power of the resurrection that is available to strengthen me. 

 It is not the power that I often don't think to be grateful for it is the understanding of my weakness. I am grateful that I can see that I am weak and in need of God.  I am grateful that I can recognize my need for God's power.  I am weak.  I struggle.  I have hurts.  I have habits.  I have hangups.  I have flaws.  I am too weak to deal with the stuff of life on my own.  I am thankful that I can understand this.

It is at this place of understanding our weakness and our need that we can experience the power of God.  As long as we think we are strong enough we will never experience the power of God, because we will just rely on our own strength.  Never trusting God's.  Yet, his power is made perfect in our weakness.  It is not until we understand our weakness and give our weaknesses to him that we can understand and experience his perfect power.  

Thank God for an understanding that I am weak and in need of his perfect power in my everyday life.  His power is perfect for overcoming my fears, my worries, my stresses, my weakness.  I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.  Thanks be to God!

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug  

Comments

Popular Posts