The Lord's Supper

I can remember the first time it clicked with me.  I was in the sanctuary at Pleasant Hill United Methodist Church and I was holding a piece of Hawaiian bread soaked in grape juice.  I realized that that piece of bread and juice was more than bread and juice.  I remember holding it and thinking that Christ gave his life for me the least that I can do is give my life for him.  Christ gives himself to me and I am invited to receive him and give my self to him.  
"This is my body given for you."  That is what he said. 
 "This is my blood shed for you."  That is what he said. 
"As often as you do this remember me." That is what he said.

Yesterday I did the Tuesday worship services at a local nursing home.  For the first time in the almost six years that I have been going to Eastview Manor for these services we shared in the Lord's supper.  It was amazing.  Throughout my life I have had a several unforgettable and moving moments when it comes to sharing in this meal that Christ gives to us.  Moments that clicked and I understood that Christ is present and we encounter him in this sacrament.  Moments when I could not help but know that God was real because I could sense him in with me as I participated in the sacrament.  Yesterday was one of those moments.

Yay God!  

"This is my body given for you."  That is what he said. 
 "This is my blood shed for you."  That is what he said. 
"As often as you do this remember me." That is what he said.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts