It's Cold

This morning when I woke up and stepped outside it was -3!  If I have learned one thing from living in the Midwest it is that I do not like cold weather.  In Missouri and Iowa,  where I have spent the majority of my life, we can experience extreme heat and extreme cold.  This has enabled me to know that I am a warm weather person.  

As I hit the cold this morning with this thought I was reminded of Jesus words in Revelation 3 to the church folks in Laodecia, and really all Christians, about living in relationship with him.
He said, "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!" (Revelation 3:15 NIV)
The folks in the church were indifferent. They were lukewarm and just going through the motions. They were playing church.  They were neither extreme.  It would be better if they were either cold or hot but they (we) are neither. 
I am a hot weather person and I pray that I live my life on fire for Jesus. I pray that I don't fall into lukewarm indifference and just going through the motions.   I pray that I would be a person that others feel the warmth and the love of Jesus through. 

May you be warmed by the presence of Christ today. 

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug


Comments

Popular Posts