Must be about my Fathers Buisiness

We are not told very much about Jesus as a child. The Gospel of Luke tells us about a time when he was about 12 years old and his parents left him behind during a trip to Jerusalem. After traveling for a day on their return home they discovered that Jesus was not with them and returned to Jerusalem to find him teaching in the synagog. Jesus response was don't you know that "I must be about my father's buisness"

The word that really hits me as I read it is "must."  After I get past the thought of them traveling a day without knowing Jesus was missing, I am hit by the must language.  

Is doing God's work a must for me?   Too  often it is seen as an option.   Too often it is seen as something I do when I get the time or when it is convenient.  
 
When we are about our fathers buisness life has meaning and purpose. When we are about our fathers buisness we experience his power and his presence.  

It should not be something that is when it is convenient or optional. I must be about my fathers buisness. 

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts