Check Please.

We are now 2 weeks into Lent and I just want to ask the question, "How is it going?"

How are things going with your relationship with God?
How are things going with directing your thoughts and your time toward Jesus?
How are you doing with the spring cleaning?
How are you doing with opening your heart and your life to God so that it can be transformed and changed?
How is it going with you and Jesus?
How is your soul?

Please, don't hear these questions as nosy, or judgmental because they are not intended in that way. These are the questions I am asking myself this morning. They are my way of checking up on myself. I am 2 weeks into this season of Lent where I am trying to be more intentional about my relationship with Jesus and I don't want to get through Lent and Easter and then suddenly realize that I had all this desire, hopes, and dreams for Lent, but then I got busy and lost focus. Today is a day to check up. To make sure that I am matching my actions with my intentions this season. Am I seeking God? Am I allowing God to seek me? Am I allowing my relationship with God to change me?

You know something--this is growth for me. Accountability, trying to match actions and intentions, checking up before it is too late, these are all signs of growth.

Join me today in just checking up on how your lent is going. If there are places that you have fallen short of your desire don't beat yourself up, or feel guilty--- lean into the grace of Jesus. If there are places that you can see change taken place give God the glory. Recommit yourself to focusing on God and growing in your relationship with Him. Be encouraged and look for Jesus in your day. Easter is coming!

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts