Passion

Music has an amazing way of really getting to me. I think that God uses music at times to get my attention and turn my thoughts toward God. Music has the ability to quickly connect me to God. This is one of the reasons why I try to listen to Christian music throughout my day. God uses it to keep me focused and it helps me to worship God. This might be true of you as well?

This morning as I was getting ready for my day and then taking the kids to school I kept sing one line of a song by Matthew West over and over. The line that I kept singing was, "I don't want to go through the motion's. I don't want to spend one more day without your all consuming passion inside of me."

Now, I know what many of you who read this blog regularly are probably thinking, "here he goes again on this being real and not pretending. Here comes yet another post about not going through the motions." Well that is not what I think Gods is laying on my heart this morning. Although it is definitely a part of the message of the song "Motions."

What is really speaking to me this morning is this idea of having the passion of Christ inside of me. Passion. I think this could be something that we lack greatly in our world. And I know at times I lack it in my own life. To many times we are a people without passion. We are neither hot or cold. We are passionless. Sometimes my passion, when I have any, it is misdirected or misguided. I am passionate about a sports team or a hobby.

I want the passion of Christ in me. I want the all consuming passion of Christ in me. A passion to be in God's presence. A passion to learn more about God. A passion to love God. A passion to love the things that God loves. A passion to tell people about my Jesus. A passion to what Jesus invites me to do. A passion to risk it all for the sake of Jesus. A passion that makes me hungry and excited for God and the things of God. A passion that consumes me with God.

Are you passionate about anything? Do you long to have the passion of Christ in you. Do you long to be filled with the passion that led Jesus to the "Passion"? Are you seeking that kind of love in your life? Do you long for this kind of passions for others and for God? Are you opening your life in this time of lent so that you can become more passionate about God. Pray for God's Spirit to fill you with this passion. "I don't want to go through the motions. I don't want to spend one more day," passionless. I want to be filled with passion of Christ.

Be passionate today. Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Here is a video of the Matthew West song "Motions" if you would like to hear it. Enjoy.

Comments

Popular Posts