Lent Day 8 -- A Prayer

Father God,
I am grateful for today. I am grateful for the sunshine and the warm that I woke up to. I am grateful that you call me your child. I am thankful for the opportunity that this day brings for me to open up my life to you.

Today, I invite you in to my heart and my life in a fresh new way. I invite you to search me and to know me, to stretch and teach me. I invite you to make a home in me. Change me today God. Make me more like you. Make me more loving, more caring, and more compassionate. Change me so that I care more about you and about others. Make me hungry. Make me hungry for you. Make me hungry to serve you and to love you with all that I say and do.

This is the desire of my heart today Lord and I am now going to venture out into the world. Keep me mindful of the desire that I have as I go through my day. In those moments that I fall short, when I forget my desire, and when I make mistakes gently remind me of my desire. Forgive me. Let me see you and let feel and know your grace so that I might extend it to others. Come inside this heart of mine today and make it your home. In Jesus name, Amen.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts