What a friend we have in Jesus

One of my favorite tunes is "What a friend we have in Jesus". It is not the tune that draws me to this song. It is not the words either. I think what draws me to this song is the idea or understanding that Jesus is my friend.

Do you know that you have a friend in Jesus? I know it sounds good and it is the "christian" way of talking about our relationship with God. But, do we really cultivate our relationship with Jesus like we do a friendship? Do we see Jesus as our close friend that we can call at all hours of the day. A friend that we can count on when everything is falling apart. Do we treat Jesus as a friend that we just hangout with, watch the game with, or a movie with. (Yes, Jesus is there when we are hanging out, doing these things). Jesus is our friend that wants to do life with us. Jesus is with us ever moment of every day. Every moment is a moment to cultivate and work on our friendship with Jesus.

What a friend we have in Jesus!

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts