Lenten Reflection #10: What's God Doing?

Psalm 105

Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name;
    make known among the nations what he has done.
Sing to him, sing praise to him;
    tell of all his wonderful acts.
Glory in his holy name;
    let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
Look to the Lord and his strength;
    seek his face always.
Remember the wonders he has done,
    his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,
you his servants, the descendants of Abraham,
    his chosen ones, the children of Jacob.
He is the Lord our God;
    his judgments are in all the earth.

Two very important and powerful promises of God are that God is with us and that God is for us.

God is with us.

God never leaves us and there is nothing that can separate us from his love.  He loves me when I am unlovable.  He loves me when I do unloving things.  He will not abandon me--ever.  He will not stop being with me--even when I am trying to hide.  He is with me and he is working in my life.  

If I am looking I will see it.  There have been times when I was not looking that I was fortunate enough to recognize Gods presence.  However, most often when I am not looking I miss him. I think it is because most often God's does his extraordinary work and reveals himself to us in ordinary ways.  We can take it for granted or pass it off as something other than God's presence because it seems ordinary.  But truly it is anything but ordinary.  God is with us.  

When I am looking for God I can see him.  I will notice Him in the little things.  I will see Him working through the people around me.  I will recognize Him at work in me.  I will see Him looking after me and guiding me throughout my day.  I call this the spiritual discipline of noticing.  Psalm 105 invites us to notice what God is doing in our life and to praise him for what he has done.

God is also for us.
God is not only with us in every situation and nothing separates us from his love, he is also working in our situation for us.  God is at work in good circumstances and bad.  He is there, working, on the mountaintop and in the valley.  He is at work, for us, bring about good in all situations.  The Psalm invites us to see that and to tell people what he has done.  

This morning I woke up.  Thanks be to God.  God has given me this day to spend with Him.  It is the strength that he provides me that will get me through the day.  It is the comfort that he gives me that will be my comfort today.  He has provided a way and he is with me leading me.  I am going to do my best to notice and I am going to tell others about how he is doing.  

Look, see and share today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug 



Comments

Popular Posts