Lenten Reflection #32:Dependent

"My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge."
Psalm 62:7 NIV

I am dependent.  I spent a great deal of my life trying to show myself and everyone else that I could be independent. I tried most of my youth and early adult years trying to prove to other that I could do it all by myself.  Independence was what I thought it meant to grow up.  Be my own man.  Depend on no one but myself.

Boy, was I wrong.  I am dependent on God.  Without Him I am nothing.  Without Him I can do nothing.

Sure, I can balance my checkbook and I can dress myself.  I hold down a job.  I have the independence of being able to care for myself.  Yet, I am dependent upon God for everything.  He is my rock and my refuge.  Everything I am, everything I will be and everything I have is because of Him.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts