Lenten Reflection #34: Do Over

This morning I sat in the hospital waiting for a friend to come out of a procedure. While I waited there I took some time to reflect upon scripture and to write a blog post. The post was a reflection on the passage from Isaiah that prophecies about the final days of Christ's earthly ministry and his suffering.  You can read this passage in Isaiah 53. 

The particular part that I was reflecting upon speaks of how Jesus bears our pain and our suffering. I talked about how we experience the shadow of the valleys we walk through because Jesus stand between us and the situation so we don't get the full impact, just a shadow. The psalmist writes that he walks through "the valley of the "shadow" of death. 
Like when an object is between the light source and the ground it cast a shadow. The shadow is not what is being blocked it is just an after effect.  
 
Jesus bears some of our pain and suffering so we get a "blocked" version. Jesus keeps us safely in the shadow and he bears the brunt of the pain and suffering. 

I am sure that the blog was going to be a good one but as I was searching for the perfect picture to go with the post I lost everything. The whole post just disappeared from my phone. 

So, I got a second chance to write and reflect. 

Isn't that just like God. He is with us through our pain and our suffering and he is the God of second chances. And third chances. And fourth chances. So on and so forth. He is the God of the do over. 

Love today knowing that as long as you let Jesus lead you will be in His shadow. 

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

 

Comments

Popular Posts