Slowing Down in the Hurry

Why is it that we are always in a hurry?
I wish that I new the answer to that question for me. It seems like there is an expectation of hurry built into our lives. I don't think it is suppose to be this way.
I don't think that God wants me to always be in a hurry. I don't think that life is something that we are suppose to rush through. Life is to be savored and enjoyed. Yet, it seems that there is an expectation built into our society, and our thinking sometimes, of hurry.

We expect everything to happen right now. We want things immediately. Faster Internet access, faster lines in the stores, we have speed dial, and they tell me there is something called speed dating. We have convenience stores on every corner, drive up restaurants, ATM's and 2 in 1 shampoos, all so that we can do things in more of a hurry. Conveniences like these we think are time savers but only keep us doing life in a hurry.

Christmas time can be a time that we get in a hurry. We have pageants, programs, office parties, and family get together that we try to fit into our already hurried lives.

I don't think that it is suppose to be this way. I don't think that God wants me to do Christmas in a hurry. I am not saying that God is against the pageants, programs, office parties, and family get together. I think that God wants me to slow down and enjoy them.

You see Christmas is about relationships. It is about God loving us and wanting to be in relationship with us, so much, that He comes to us as the child born on Christmas Day.

We can't build relationships in a hurry.
We can't love in a hurry.
We need to slow down if we are going to love.
We need to slow down if we are going to build relationship with others.
We need to slow down and encounter God in the midst of our busy schedules.

We can be busy but we shouldn't do life in a hurry. Take some time during this season of preparation, and in the midst of your busy schedule, to slow down and love. Make sure that as you go through the season and attend all the events that you build up your relationships with God and others. Do the things that can't be done in a hurry.

Love today!

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts