A Song of David's

The Psalms are great songs for us to learn about living lives of worship. This is a psalm that David wrote while in the Desert of Judah. Listen to how David worships as a way of life.

O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
Because your love is better than life,

my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;

with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
Because you are my help,

I sing in the shadow of your wings.
My soul clings to you;

your right hand upholds me.
They who seek my life will be destroyed;

they will go down to the depths of the earth.
They will be given over to the sword and become food for jackals.

But the king will rejoice in God;
all who swear by God's name will praise him,
while the mouths of liars will be silenced.
Psalm 63

Worship Today!

In Christ Love and mine,

Doug



Comments

Popular Posts