Smiling Jesus

I don't know why, but it seems that God is talking to me a lot about how a real relationship with God is meant to be fun.

My first thought is that I must not be having enough fun or I am taking myself to seriously. There is probably some truth to that and I am going to work on it. But, it seems to be a theme as I think about the coming year and what God desires for all us. Following Jesus can and should be fun. Being apart of a community of people who take the teaching of Jesus seriously and live out real lives in a real relationship with God should be fun.

Here is another picture of Jesus that I really like it is called "Smiling Jesus" and it shows Jesus with a wide grin from ear to ear, happy, joyful, having fun with life.

Please don't confuse what I am saying, I am not saying that as Christians we need to "act happy" or "put on a smile" like Jesus in the picture. This is not what I am saying. I am saying that following Jesus can and should be fun. I am talking about real fun and real joy that expresses itself in our lives because we are living in relationship with God and one another.

We don't need to feel guilty if we are having fun. God wants us to enjoy life.
Just because it is fun does not make it unchristian or not appropriate for the church. Fun and church can go hand in hand. God want us to have fun together.

Living lives of grace, compassion, mercy, and love for one another will produce fruit. It will bring a smile to our faces that we can not hold back. It will bring tears, but it will also bring joy, laughter and fun. Have fun following Jesus.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts