Tension's Good Side Prayer

I want to share with you a prayer that has been very significant for me. This prayer helped me come to know Christ and to see that Christ was real and working in my life everyday. I believe that the prayer is called "tension's good side prayer." I came across this prayer while doing a study called "Untapped Miracles for Tapped-out Christians." The basic understanding is that we use the stress and tensions of our day to trigger us to focus on God. Whenever there is tension or stress we pray a simple prayer giving that stress and tensions to God.

Gracious God,
I know that you love me and that you care for me. I know that you want what is best for me and that you say to come to you and I can receive rest. Right now, I have this stress or tension (name you stress of tension) and I give it to you recognizing that I need you in my life and that you can give me rest. Take this form me and help me to see that you are alive and working in this situation. In Jesus name I pray, Amen

Give this prayer a try. If you are like me I think that you will discover yourself praying a lot more. Also, I think that you will discover that God cares about you and your ordinary everyday life and He wants to live it with you.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts