Transformation: An Encounter with God in the Word

I read a passage of scripture this morning that I had read before. In fact, it is a passage of scripture that I think God used to speak to me when I first began to wrestle with this idea of giving my life to Jesus. It is a passage that promises transformation, promises that we can love in a new way, and promises that we can live a new life.

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws." Ezekiel 36:26-27

"I the LORD have spoken, and I will do it." Ezekiel 36:36b

I first read this scripture at a time that I was struggling with problems of my past. I was stuck, and felt like I was going to continue to be stuck in the the things and the stuff that I had been doing. Through this verse I began to hear God saying to me, to all of us, "you are not stuck." "You are not your past, you are not what you are doing, I will not leave you where you are and where you have been." God promises to change us. To really change us! Not some surface change or superficial change, but real change. "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh."

WOW! This is God's promise. Our love can be changed, our lives can be changed-- a new heart and a new Spirit. The Holy Spirit to lead us and shape us in our lives. WOW!

What does this mean for our lives, our love, and for our relationship with God?

In Christ's Love and Mine,
Doug

Comments

eric lynch said…
When we become new in Christ, we no longer desire to do the things we have done in the past because we are changed from the inside out. Our thoughts are different from the way the world thinks which is the way I used to think. I think our hearts become moldable or shapeable instead of a heart of stone which allows Christ to make us more like Him, and us wanting to be closer to Him more the next day than the one before. "Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." 2 Chor. 5,17
Anonymous said…
Thanks Doug - enjoy reading this every day!!

Popular Posts