Thank God it's Friday!

Throughout this week I have really focused on encountering God in the Word. This is a habit that I need to have in my life daily if I want my relationship with God to be real. Since it is Friday, (and we have this tradition)I want to thank God for his Word. I also want to share a scripture.

"So, you see, it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that there is a God and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him."
Hebrews 11:6

I am thankful that I can seek him and find him in the pages of the Bible. I am thankful that God is a God that reveals himself to me in the midst of my everyday life as I meditate on the scriptures. I am thankful for how I get just the right word at the right time. I am thankful that passages of scripture can speak to me differently at different times of my life.

I am thankful that when I seek-- earnestly, sincerely and with all my heart, his word does not leave me empty. I am thankful for the promises that I read in the scriptures which are made real in my relationship with Christ. I am thankful for the hunger that God gives me to read the word and seek his face.

What are you thankful for today? Is there a way that God has been made real, or spoken to you, through the word that you are thankful for? In this past week have you felt closer to God as you meditated on the scriptures? Have you earnestly sought and felt the reward that is promised?

I don't know how many of you have heard this yet or not, but this week I was blessed with an opportunity to travel to the Holy Land in January of 2009. This is a chance of a lifetime and an opportunity to see the very places that we read about in God's word. It is a chance to walk where Jesus walked and encounter God. I am thankful for this opportunity and for the loving people of Dockery Chapel who are making this possible. I couldn't post on a "Thank God it's Friday" post without thanking God for this opportunity and for all of you.

What else are you thankful for today? Go ahead and give God thanks!

In Christ's Love and Mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts