Thank God it's Friday!

Today is Friday and following tradition (this is the second Friday) I want to talk about what I am thankful for today.

I have a friend named Sandy that would always say that she thanked God "for indoor plumbing."

That always makes me think about how we need to give God thanks for those things in our life that we sometimes take for granted, like indoor plumbing, that are such a blessing and make life so much better. Today I am mindful of those types of things. I thank God for the ability to live where I have many things like clean water, plumbing, food, clothing, and shelter. Things, that at times, I assume everyone has because I am fortunate enough to live in a part of the world that these things seem common. I thank God that I live where I live. I thank God for the air that I breathe and the beauty that God paints in sunrises and sunsets. I thank God for laughter and for all the emotions that I feel. I thank God that I can feel. I thank God for allowing me to have another day to love and grow.

I pray today that I might not take God, and the Gifts of God, for granted. I pray that God would make me mindful that I am blessed and have blessed to be a blessing.

What are the things that you are grateful for today? What are the things that you have a tendency to take for granted? Let's thank God today and everyday.

In Christ's love and Mine,
Doug

Comments

Tammyb said…
Thought maybe you were sick today - no am blog. How was the seminar?
Renea Lynch said…
It's been a rough week, thank you for the reminder. the following is stuck to the front of our refrigerator and I decided to move it to the top of the heap again. ;)

GRACE UPON GRACE:
Test this question: What if God's only gift to you were his grace to save you. Would you be content? You beg him to save the life of your child. You plead with him to keep your business afloat. You implore him to remove the cancer from your body. What if his answer is, "My grace is enough." Would you be content?
You see, from heaven's perspective, grace is enough. If God did nothing more than save us from hell, could anyone complain?...Having been given eternal life, dare we grumble at an aching body? Having been given heavenly riches, dare we bemoan earthly poverty?...
If you have eyes to read these words, hands to hold this book (In the Grip of Grace by Max Lucado), the means to own this volume, he has already given you grace upon grace.

Philippians 4:11
I have learned to be satisfied with the things I have and with everything that happens.

Thank you again for the gentle reminder I so needed this week.
Doug Franklin said…
The seminar was good. I feel like I ahve been playing catch up ever since though.

Popular Posts