A 32 Hour Day-- I'm Home-- TGIF

I have made it home and boy it is good to be home. The views here are just as great as the views in the Holy Land. After a few hiccups, nothing major, just a car ride from Chicago instead of a plane ride. We got caught in baggage claim so we didn't make our connecting flight. And at the end of a 32 hour day I am home.

There really is no place like home.

Today is Friday and I will return to my tradition of thanking God in my Friday post.

Thank you God for a wonderful experience. Thank you for the moments that I encountered you. Thank you for the new friends that I made. Thank you for the thin places where I felt the separation between you and me was very minimal. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for safe travel and a return home. Thank you for being with me in my home land just as you are in the Holy Land. Thank you for the opportunity to bring others along on this journey through this blog. Thank you for there encouragement and support. Thank you for the way that your people surrounded Nicole and the kids in my absence with your love. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for home!

What are you thankful for today?

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Renea Lynch said…
We're glad you had an incredible time on your journey. You were missed at home, and we're looking forward to Sunday and seeing all those awesome pictures you took! Did you sleep all day yesterday? ;) lol On this TGIF one of the many blessings we are thankful for is your family. Welcome Home.
Tammyb said…
I am thankful my husband is home! We are used to being a part but being that far away was really different. I am thankful that God showed Nichole and I that we are strong women! I am thankful for my new friends, Doug and Nichole Franklin and family. Will we have an ALL day sermon tomorrow? I know you are bursting at the seems to share with us your experience! Can't wait.

Popular Posts