Namaste -- Pilgrimage Day 2

Today was all travel. A plane ride to Chicago and then an even longer plane ride to Amman, Jordan. 13 hours on a plan is a long time. After some sleep we will begin our tour and head into the Holy Lands to encounter Jesus in the places that Jesus walk.

Today I have been encountering Jesus in the people whose lives he walking through right now.

I have met some amazing people who are a part of this tour group. It is really incredible the people that God has brought together for this. We are being led by a pastor from South Africa, there is a family from Belarus, people from Missouri, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania. In each and every one, as I have heard their stories I have seen Jesus. "Namaste" is an Indian word that means "I see Jesus in you" or "I honor the Christ in you." It is amazing how visible Jesus is in others when we open our eyes and open ourselves to God and to others.

Today look for Jesus in the people that God puts you with.

I hope to share some pics next post!

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

It's Nic said…
I too have been able to see Jesus since you have been gone. I have someone taking the kids to school for me, offering to babysit, inviting me to go "play" and even someone brought over soup for a sick child. Not to mention all the prayers for not only the group traveling but for Tammy and myself and our families. I have been able to see Jesus in each and every one who has been so kind to me and our family. God is SO present in my life and I am so thankful. Thanks for the reminder to be looking for Jesus in all the people that we encounter. I know that when I forget to look for Him, I miss Him, and that is a shame. He is my rock and my Savior and I don't know what I would do without my "Big Daddy"!

I am looking foward to some pics!

Love, Peace and Grace~
Tammyb said…
We are so blessed to have a great church family.

Popular Posts