Dream the Possible Dream

Whew! Jet lag is still hanging on and if it were not for the Spirit and the joy of being home I think that I would just be completely out of it. (I know some of you think that I am completely out of it anyway. Or is that full of it?)

Today is Martin Luther King Jr. day and as I woke up this morning I was thinking about dreams. The type of dreams that we have when we are awake. The type that compel us to reach farther and reach beyond ourselves. The type of dreams that call us to bigger and better things and make us better people. The type of dreams that lead to growth as individuals and as a community. The type of dreams that lead us deeper in our love and relationship with God and others. Real dreams. Great big, hairy, audacious, dreams for our lives and for the world. Dreams that require us to look to God to make them possible.

What are your dreams?
Do you have a dream that is stretching you to go farther and deeper?
Do you have a dream for you life that is God sized?
What I mean by that is it big enough that you need God in order to make it possible. The scripture says that all things are possible in Christ.
What is the dream that you have for your life, for the church, for the world?

Today, lets not get caught up in whether it is possible or impossible. Just dream today and know that all things are possible in Christ. Dream the possible dream for your life, for the church, and for the world.

I would love to hear your dreams.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts