Thank God it's Friday

I am thankful for grace.

I am thankful for the unearned, undeserved, favor of God. I am thankful that God loves me in spite of me. I have done nothing to deserve the love of God. I have done nothing to earn God's love. God just loves me. That is grace. How can I not be thankful for grace. Thank you God for your grace. I am thankful that God gives me what I don't deserve and I am thankful that I don't get what I do deserve.

I am also thankful for the grace of God that I see in others. I am thankful for the way people love me and others unconditionally. I am thankful that the grace we receive from God can, and should, be extended to others. I am thankful for the way my family, my friends, and my church family show me God's grace every day. I am thankful for the grace that I see in my neighbor and form strangers.

As I think God for grace I realize that my gratitude for grace will be revealed in my capacity to live in and extend grace. Not in my words that I write today. If I am truly grateful than grace will be evident in my life in the way that love others. Grace will be seen and expressed in me. There is a song that has the lyrics "grace will be my song." I am thankful today for grace and I pray that my gratitude will be seen by others.

Love today.

In Christ's love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Popular Posts