Getting Back into the Swing of Things

This morning I got to take my kids to school again. I am thankful to Freddie and Carrol, who took the kids to school while I was on the trip to the Holy Lands. It was good to be back in the routine of my life. I noticed this morning, while we were heading to school that there was a beautiful sunrise over the city of Trenton. I felt I was in a special place as me and the kids prayed together our morning prayer that we pray before going to school. It was so good to be back in the routine and into the swing of things. Routine at time is comforting and good.

However, I think that I see the routine today with new eyes.
I am thankful that I noticed the sunrise here at home like I did the sunrise on my trip to the Holy Lands. I think I have a new perspective and greater gratitude for the things that God give us everyday. I love that my children want to pray with me in the morning before they go to school and that I can pray with them. I am thankful that I can take them to school.

I am thankful that I get to serve God by loving his people. I am thankful that I get to share in the lives of others everyday. I am thankful for the relationships that I get to work on and build everyday as I serve as the pastor of Dockery Chapel. I am thankful for the routine of my vocation and for the interruptions to the routine that are most often the places of greatest ministry. I am thankful for the conversations and the interactions that I have everyday with the people of my church family and community. I am thankful for the opportunity to use the gifts that I have to build up the body of Christ. I am thankful that I get to stand before people every Sunday and tell them about my Jesus.

It is great to be back into the Swing of things and the routine of life. May we all see God active and alive in our ordinary, everyday, routine.

Love today.

In Christ love and mine,
Doug

Comments

Tammyb said…
I am thankful that I am learning to shut up and listen to God. Today I felt that I should go and deliver a prayer shawl to a person who is having a rough time of it - that delivery blessed me so much. Thank you God for sending me to that person today at the right moment. I continue to try and do as God wants me with the Prayer Shawl Ministry and sometimes I feel it isn't doing much and then moments like today happen and I know it is worth it!

Popular Posts